What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hardware for Separating FWF Items but Allowing Motion

avrojockey

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone know of any hardware combination that will allow two items to be separated but allow them to move independently? I want to separate a moving fuel hose from the motor mount where there's a possibility of rubbing. I may be able to clock a fitting different to allow separation, but just in case I was curious of alternatives. The only thing I could come up with was an adel clap on each with a piece of baffle seal between them.

If you can't adjust or make longer or shorter to keep it from contact, then apply a cover of this..... Teflon (PTFE) sheets, 0.03" (1/32") thick, with 3M 300LSE industrial-strength self-adhesive backing to each surface, and inspect it for wear each time you have the cowl removed..... don't trust the adhesive. Clamp them in place.

A zip-tie and short segment of rubber hose can be assembled into a flexible spacer. Just make sure that the items being clamped won't be damaged by the sharp edges of the zip-tie.

Attachments

• zip tie spacer.jpg
    zip tie spacer.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 203
I want to separate a moving fuel hose from the motor mount where there's a possibility of rubbing.

I just did exactly what you are describing using rescue tape on the motor mount and waxed thread around the firesleeved fuel hose. Worked great. Nice and secure yet provides plenty of movement as necessary.

Back