What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Warning! Do not use this aircraft tool on an aircraft

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
My aircraft jacks came with this warning label, nice :eek: :confused: :eek:

oFd.jpg

That's one way to limit liability, I suppose.

Back in my younger days I was into competition slalom water skiing and did a lot of testing on R&D products for one of the big name producers. Each new ski would arrive at my house in plain fiberglass without paint or gloss or anything, except a sticker on it that said "Warning - do not use this product."

The throttle/prop/mixture cables I bought from Van's Aircraft are "not for use on aircraft":

20080311_label.jpg

Harbor Freight? The load leveling device for my engine hoist has basically the same warning sticker.

Have you ordered an ELT by any chance? They come in a box that says "Do not ship by air."

Vic

My Fav

We use a US designed thermal imaging camera to look at circuit board hot spots during the prototype phase and it's useful for other things aircraft thermal related as well- heat exchanger flow, cylinder heads, exhaust, bearings etc.

The device is made in China... Seriously? Ahh, oh never mind...

Brake lines

If you ever have brake lines made, its for a off road vehicle. They won't make them other wise.

I always just say I'm using them on my RV... no one ever seems to ask further on that. And hey, I'm not lying. :cool:

Back