What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show & Shine for Charity, CYQF

Graham S

Hi everyone, I hope this is an acceptable place to ask for your help. If not, I'm sure the moderators will help me move this to the right place.

I'm looking for pilots that want to show off their aircraft to raise money for a great charity in Central Alberta. Red Deer Regional Airport (CYQF) is hosting a Props & Pistons, Fly & Shine (event on Facebook) Sunday, May 27th, 2018 with all proceeds going to the Red Deer Food Bank. This is the first year of the event and it would be awesome to have solid RV representation. I know there are a handful in Central Alberta but we would love to see aircraft from all over Canada and the United States.

So here's the details:
Who: All aircraft are welcome to display. There will be show cars and and antiques on display.
What: It's a show & shine, come show off your RV's. We already know there awesome and this is a great opportunity to show them off to the public (and the car guys :D )
When: Sunday, May 27, 2018 10:00 - 15:00. Arrival slots will be available up to two days before and are scheduled when you register.
Where: Red Deer Regional Airport (CYQF), Halfway between Calgary International Airport(YYC) and Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
Why: All registration fees ($10) are donated to the Red Deer Food Bank(Landing fees, parking fees, and terminal fees waived for participants). Admission for the public is a donation to the Food Bank.

We'd love to see you there! If you're interested or want more info feel free to contact me directly at 403-tree fife zero-6766.

The timing of this event may well make it a great opportunity for the debut of my RV-9A. I'll be based out of CYQF (Building A), I think I might be one of the few RVs based here. If weather and logistics co-operate, I'm moving in next week. Final assembly, registration and inspection may drag out past your show but I'll almost certainly be close to flying. I hope there are no issues with displaying non-flying aircraft.

In any case, I plan on attending the show and hope to see lots of other RVs there. It's a little unfortunate that it's the same day as the Camrose fly-in, that might limit your participation.

Claude, I'd love to see your 9A once you have it in the Hangar. Stop by the administration office in the terminal and we can work with Nicole to figure out a good place to show off your plane.
If anyone is going to the breakfast in Camrose there will still be plenty of show time left to see everything on display before the end of the event.

Back