VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
w/a Donation






VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

  #11  
Old 09-25-2023, 03:33 PM
2theskyy 2theskyy is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Northcoast
Posts: 88
Default

Iíll put it on the same stc as for lcp cracked holes.
But seriously.
Experimental or certified mods are always good to test flight. Paperwork first then ďphase 1Ē to run it through the ringer in flight tests. You always want to know the envelope you are wanting to stay within.
__________________
ATP,CFII,A&P
Building=RV8
XIO-360-M1B9
WW-330-3B
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2023, 06:55 PM
sprucemoose's Avatar
sprucemoose sprucemoose is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MKE
Posts: 1,591
Default

To be clear about this, my intent is to place it back into phase 1 and do extensive testing. My question about the major change is more of a legality question, the answer to which drives how much I need to get the FSDO involved. Obviously Iíd like to keep that to a minimum but if only Iím on solid legal ground to do so.

More specifically my ops lims require me to notify the FSDO of my plans and get their concurrence on the new phase 1 area- if it is a ďmajor change.Ē I had a busy and delay-filled day at work so I was not able to reach out to the FSDO. Iíll try again tomorrow.
__________________
Jeff Point
RV-6, RLU-1 built & flying
ATP, CFI, Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & Past President- EAA Chapter 18
Milwaukee
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-25-2023, 06:59 PM
Mel's Avatar
Mel Mel is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas area
Posts: 11,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucemoose View Post
To be clear about this, my intent is to place it back into phase 1 and do extensive testing. My question about the major change is more of a legality question, the answer to which drives how much I need to get the FSDO involved. Obviously Iíd like to keep that to a minimum but if only Iím on solid legal ground to do so.
More specifically my ops lims require me to notify the FSDO of my plans and get their concurrence on the new phase 1 area- if it is a ďmajor change.Ē I had a busy and delay-filled day at work so I was not able to reach out to the FSDO. Iíll try again tomorrow.
If your op lims require FSDO notification, then that's what you do.

Operating Limitations rule!
__________________
Mel Asberry, DAR since the last century. Over 1,100 certifications accomplished. Discount for Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters.
EAA Flight Advisor/Tech Counselor, Friend of the RV-1, Lifetime EAA.
Recipient of EAA Tony Bingelis Award and Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award
USAF Vet, High School E-LSA Project Mentor.
RV-6 Flying since 1993 (sold)
<rvmel(at)icloud.com>
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-26-2023, 01:38 PM
sprucemoose's Avatar
sprucemoose sprucemoose is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MKE
Posts: 1,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
If your op lims require FSDO notification, then that's what you do.

Operating Limitations rule!
Fully understood on that point. Iím just trying to tease out whether or not this particular modification qualifies. I have a call into the Milwaukee FSDO and Iíll report back here on their answer.

In the mean time, what say you, Mel? Are VGs a ďmajor change?
__________________
Jeff Point
RV-6, RLU-1 built & flying
ATP, CFI, Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & Past President- EAA Chapter 18
Milwaukee
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-26-2023, 01:55 PM
Mel's Avatar
Mel Mel is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas area
Posts: 11,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucemoose View Post
Fully understood on that point. Iím just trying to tease out whether or not this particular modification qualifies. I have a call into the Milwaukee FSDO and Iíll report back here on their answer.

In the mean time, what say you, Mel? Are VGs a ďmajor change?
Yes, as said before, VGs may (Probably) change the flight characteristics of your aircraft, so they would qualify as a "Major Change".
__________________
Mel Asberry, DAR since the last century. Over 1,100 certifications accomplished. Discount for Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters.
EAA Flight Advisor/Tech Counselor, Friend of the RV-1, Lifetime EAA.
Recipient of EAA Tony Bingelis Award and Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award
USAF Vet, High School E-LSA Project Mentor.
RV-6 Flying since 1993 (sold)
<rvmel(at)icloud.com>
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.