What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Roll Bar grab handles

dvalle

Well Known Member
Anyone know where I can get them (pic attached)? I've been flying an RV6A for many years that has them. Now flying numerous others without and wow, I am lost without them. Thanks

Attachments

• Grab_Handle.jpg
    Grab_Handle.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 209
Next week!!

Next week I will have some beauties coming out. They are either natural aluminum or anodized red. They will come with a 3D printed drill guide and all hardware (except drill bits).

Super simple to install during the build or after flying. They have been on my Gold Lindy 7 since day one. Just took some time to get them to market.

www.jdair.com

Advertiser

There is an advertiser on here who sells them.
I bought a pair , but thought I wasnt going to install them.
But once I got the front windscreen glued on, and lost the roll bar to grab onto when getting out, I think i will indeed install them.

I put one vertically on the center bar in my -7 slider, easy to reach for both seats and a natural angle to grip and pull up and does not impede ingress/egress in any way.
Figs

Drill Jig for handle?

Does anyone know of a drill jig or fixture for the aircraft extra handles? I'm ready to install mine and heard there was a fixture, but can't find one.

Darwin, I didn't see the handles on your website link.

Regards,

Brad

Looking for a jig also! A friend loaned me one he used while his 8 was under construction but it won't work on my completed and flying airplane.

Soon

My computer guy will have them up by tomorrow night. I'll see if I can get a picture up here.

Darwin

Does anyone know of a drill jig or fixture for the aircraft extra handles? I'm ready to install mine and heard there was a fixture, but can't find one.

Darwin, I didn't see the handles on your website link.

Regards,

Brad

Pretty easy to make a disposable drill fixture. Just use some (thickish) MDF and drill holes at the proper spacing. Clamp to roll bar and drill using the MDF holes to stay square.

BE SURE to allow for clearance with the closed slider frame bow! I got VERY lucky! Barely clears.

This is great, thanks for all the recommendations and links. I can assure you, I will get some asap. I've been flying with them for years in an RV6A and, with my replacement RV7A, I need them badly:).

Back