Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 06-27-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemasm View Post
There's so much future profit involved. Yes, it's comparatively a drop in the bucket for Big Oil but...

If a company can politically position itself to supply a closed market, they gain and everyone else suffers. No one really expected this market to be ceded to niche players, did they? This won't be over until the situation is ultimately forced. Any lack of competition is gonna hurt, bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001001 View Post
Nothing would stop a competitor to GAMI from having certified, and manufacturing and distributing, another unleaded fuel, absent interference from a regulating agency.

Or are you implying that the entrenched manufacturers had some influence over this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemasm View Post
I not intentionally implying but we all know how the world works. You can maintain your market share by being better or cheaper. Think Snap-on versus Harbor Freight. Both have a place in that market There are above board ways to lobby in order to get policy in your favor. There are other ways. I've been around too long to trust any side of a position when money is involved.

All that said, this assumes all of the associated bombastic verbosity prior to SnF was accurate; "the best position paper ever witnessed from a government entity" or whatever the exact words were. Will be interesting to see any related release from the FAA.

Would like to keep my 9.6:1s in my virgin engine but who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv6ejguy View Post
GAMI isn't the only potential vendor to complain about how PAFI has been run by the FAA.

No telling what influences are at work here from the outside. The only thing we do know is that this has taken a very long time so far with little result. With multiple STCs approved a while back from 2 manufacturers and GAMI seemingly just being around the corner from fleet wide approval, this has now been moved out further into the future again.
Not an update, per se'. Go about 20-ish minutes into the podcast for verification of suspicion (of suspicions) and status quo.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...m_medium=email

Last edited by Freemasm : 06-27-2022 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:43 AM

G100UL
UL94

Letís just get it done. I have no interest in lead messing with my valves and engine in general.

Tinfoil hat firmly onÖ. The existing 100LL producers have a vested interest in stopping/slowing this down. So not a surprise there have been roadblocks in the way.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA
Old 06-28-2022, 09:49 AM

I often find it interesting that some have such full trust in the big companies and near zero trust in Federal government.
Me thinking, the companies have lots to gain financially while they keep their data secret with almost no accountability (Tabaco or oil industry) whereas Federal government has no skin in the game financially and there are accountable to the people (congressional hearings, etc.)
N258SM RV14A - IO390EXP119 - Out of Paint shop & flying
Dues paid
Old 06-28-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafa View Post
I often find it interesting that some have such full trust in the big companies and near zero trust in Federal government.
Me thinking, the companies have lots to gain financially while they keep their data secret with almost no accountability (Tabaco or oil industry) whereas Federal government has no skin in the game financially and there are accountable to the people (congressional hearings, etc.)
Generally I think you are right (in theory), but that doesn't really explain why the feds are not certifying this fuel as a 100LL replacement. Seems to be a no-brainer based on the GAMI side of the story.

Braly seems to indicate that he knows why he's being blocked, but is not saying why publicly. It would be fun to have an adult beverage with him and get his unfiltered views on this whole thing.

http://www.rv8.ch/help-people-in-ukraine/
Old 09-01-2022, 04:20 PM

https://www.avweb.com/ownership/fuel...-piston-fleet/

G100UL approved for all piston airplanes.
Empennage and Wings (except nav lights) done
Working on Fuselage
three more kits on order...
Old 09-01-2022, 04:32 PM

Default Reid Hill Switch Over

Lets see how fast Reid-Hill and other CA airports can switch over.

What becomes of swift 94UL?

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
To Go: wing mounting, engine baffles, wing tips, move to airport
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com

Last edited by PilotjohnS : 09-01-2022 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:33 PM

Swift is 94UL, and one of the articles I read said they're working on a 100UL.
Empennage and Wings (except nav lights) done
Working on Fuselage
three more kits on order...
Old 09-01-2022, 07:02 PM

Default George Braly first interview with new STC and AOPA

Good interview - very informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn4IU87CEMo

- RV10, N762G, Build in progress.
- Several others that are now just great memories for me.