What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camarillo / Oxnard / Ventura - Looking for someone with an RV

Wife and I recently moved to this area, starting building an RV-8 kit a few years ago but were derailed by our son's medical complications (4x brain surgeries).

We are getting back into building as things have resolved but need to re-motivate the same feeling we had about it years ago. Hoping there might be someone out in this area who wouldn't mind let us looking around and maybe even take her for a flight (I fly for work), would cover gas + extra for mx, to see if it is something we want to continue doing.

Thanks in advance.

Happy to help

I'm sure somebody will respond soon and get you what you need.

If not, PM me and I'll fly over to CMA and give you and your wife a ride in my RV-6, OR you could come over to KWHP (near Burbank) where I fly out of and I can give rides AND show you my RV-8 project that I'm working on (structure in 95% complete). Always happy to reinfect someone with the RV bug :)

Let me know,

Laird

Tech Support, good to see you on this board. I will send you a text with POCs. send me your email address and I will add you to the SoCal RV group.

My RV-10 is down right now for a prop overhaul, but we fly over to CMA on a regular basis so we could meet up (hopefully) next week or sometime after. PM if that might work.

-Marc

Santa Paula Weighs In

Hey TechSupport, there are several RVs of various types at SZP. My wife and I keep an RV-6 there. Two Rockets and an RV-8 under construction. You and Mrs. TechSupport are welcome any time. And just so you know, SZP is a dog friendly place. Please get in touch by PM or email.

Thanks so much for the support everyone posting here and through private messages, great getting to know the locals and we definitely look forward to meeting others in the area!

Back