What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where do I look?

N29945

Until I get it weighed were do I look for accurate weight and balance information, or about what should this thing weigh?
I bought a RV6A from an estate, it was a slow build kit, small tail, that first flew in 2003, it has a 430 and a nav/com, transponder, full gyro panel, autopilot with altitude hold so it is likely a little bit heavier than some, here is my information from the published sources that I have: AC log book entry EW 988.5, no gross weight published, POH #1 EW 1068, GW 1650, POH #2 EW 1189, GW 1750.
Both POHs have a photo of the airplane with the reference to the airplanes N number, is there somewhere else I can find weight and balance information, I have the blueprints but I do not have the builders logs.
Thank you for you help....
Jim Skinner
RV6A
RV 6 regrettably sold
Exempt, I donate each year because it is one of the best RV tools out there.

Sounds like the best way is to reweigh it. The data you have, is it for your plane? Are there any dates? I would expect the most recent one to be most accurate, but have there been equipment additions or subtractions since then, including paint? Just find some scales and reweigh it. Do you have any EAA chapters nearby?

Reweigh

I agree that your best course to to re weigh the aircraft. If you order the CD from the FAA that lists all of the records one of them will be the W&B that was used to get the airworthiness. If nothing has changed you will have a current one.

Back