What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping Delivery Question

FlyGuy65

Well Known Member
OK, so the fuse kit is in the hands of XPO shipping, which lists an estimated delivery date. Does XPO call and arrange a time, confirm a date, or anything of the sort? And how flexible (if at all) are they? They are estimating a Thursday, which I would like to be a Friday afternoon, but if they don't work on weekends would mean Monday.

I can't remember what happened with the wing kit - that was 2 teenagers ago!

I have only had kits delivered by ABF and ODFL, not XPO, but they usually call you once the kit has showed up at the local delivery terminal to schedule last mile delivery. For ABF the date shown on tracking is just the date the container will arrive at the terminal — delivery is usually at least 24 hours later. My wing kit just arrived at the terminal Friday and they gave me this coming Tues/Weds as delivery day options.

XPO shipping

I for one can tell you the guys a XPO are HORRIBLE about calling you the hour or the day before delivery.
I used to build houses for a living and bought our cabinets through Lowes and shipped out of Kentucky to Washington.
They said, they would call, But, never did. OH ya except when at the job site.
We even had a delivery on a Sunday at 11:00 AM in the morning once.
Get a call from the driver, I ask, when you gonna be there? They say: We are here. Where do we put these cabinets?????
It happened over and over and over.
So make sure you communicate a lot. Don't give them any excuse for anything.
Good luck Art

Last edited:
Back