What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Armrest Throttle Quadrant

Blizzard

I will be using the Aerosport Armrest Throttle quadrant. Can this piece (F-1083) be removed from the sub panel ?

Attachments

• Sub-panel.jpg
    Sub-panel.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 148
I'm using the same throttle quadrant - just be aware that this replaces the Van's quadrant and also requires three new push-pull cables, since the location is different from the Van's quadrant.

I discovered this too late to exclude the quadrant and cables from my kit.

If anyone wants some extra parts, let me know!

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure. I did omit those items from the firewall forward kit, but haven't ordered the new cables yet. I'm going to have a lot of parts from Vans that I didn't need. Wingtips, spinner, door seals, just a few of the items.

When I ordered my kit, Vans asked if I was using a armrest throttle quadrant. I assumed the kit would come with cable appropriate for the armrest throttle quadrant. Is this not correct? Are they just deleting the standard cables and I'll be required to buy cable for the armrest throttle quadrant?

Thanks!

When I ordered my kit, Vans asked if I was using a armrest throttle quadrant. I assumed the kit would come with cable appropriate for the armrest throttle quadrant. Is this not correct? Are they just deleting the standard cables and I'll be required to buy cable for the armrest throttle quadrant?

Thanks!

Are you sure they said "Armrest"?
Van's has a quadrant option and the standard Vernier option.
I suspect the cable lengths for their 2 options are slightly different.

Their quadrant option is NOT the same as the Aerosport Armrest quadrant setup.

Are you sure they said "Armrest"?
Van's has a quadrant option and the standard Vernier option.
I suspect the cable lengths for their 2 options are slightly different.

Their quadrant option is NOT the same as the Aerosport Armrest quadrant setup.

Well I'm not sure... I'll have to call tomorrow, but I'm going to use the Aerosport quadrant.

I figured out Van's offers two FF kits, one for the standard knob controls and one for their quadrant.

Last edited:
The Throttle Quadrant that Van's sells cannot be used with the "Armrest Throttle Quadrant" that Aerosport sells. They are different and you'll have to source your own cables. The length and suppliers are out there.

I have the aerosport console and waited to order the cables until the engine was mounted and most of the panel was installed. Only then can you confirm the routing you want and order the proper cable lengths. Depending how you route the prop cable (over or under) and which fuel servo will slightly change the ideal length you need.

I ordered the custom lengths from Van’s (part number CT Q-CUSTOM) and they came fairly quickly (less than two weeks). YMMV.

I had to re-order cables for my recent install of the Aerosport quadrant. I have two unused cables that are available for a good price. I needed longer cables due a non-standard configuration. I’ll post them in the classifieds shortly or if you’re in a hurry, just reach out to me.

Back