What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Invert the servo?

gsracer2

I'm New Here
I am trying to get a bit better throttle feel and travel. On an IO-360 with the bendix fi. I think I can get what I need by turning the servo over (upside down). I can’t think of any reason for this to be a problem, but interested to see what has been tried or if there is a reason why it won’t work. Any thoughts?

Mine is mounted on a fwd facing intake @ a 45*. Had to turn it to clear the starter.
I asked Don @ AFP if it was a problem and he said no.

I am trying to get a bit better throttle feel and travel. On an IO-360 with the bendix fi. I think I can get what I need by turning the servo over (upside down). I can’t think of any reason for this to be a problem, but interested to see what has been tried or if there is a reason why it won’t work. Any thoughts?

Negative ghost rider, won't work that way!

Care to explain Walt?
The leading expert who builds new and rebuilds says it doesn’t matter which way it is. Runs any direction it’s pointed.

See attached -- Avstar (which is a Bendix/Precision Airflow RSA5 derivative)

What's wrong with the "throttle feel" as it's currently setup? Is the issue with the cable routing? Is there a bind, twist, or other impingement? Is there enough travel? Stop-to-Stop?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 4.55.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 4.55.01 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
Welcome to VAF

Morgan, first off welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

Second, if you have a horizontal intake you should be able to turn it upside down without any issues.

If you have a vertical intake, you are gonna have issues methinks.

Care to explain Walt?
The leading expert who builds new and rebuilds says it doesn’t matter which way it is. Runs any direction it’s pointed.

Maybe I misinterpreted ‘invert’/‘upside down’? [to me that meant the inlet is now the outlet]
Rotate yes, upside down no.

Last edited:
To be clear

To be more clear, rotate the servo on the horizontal axis to where the mixture will be on the left side of the aircraft. On a forward facing servo.
And thank you for the welcome.

Back