What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Back In The Saddle

Champ

Well Known Member
I started a thread back in Feb '22 about a heart attack and a triple bypass I had. My Class 3 medical was deferred when I did my flight medical in Oct '22 but after passing stress tests and Transport Canada's review my Class 3 was reinstated in Dec '22.

Anyway - after 3 wks of waiting for good weather today was the big day to get back in the air. Wooohooo! RV Grin again.

Here's my 8 sporting its new MT:

MT1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Dennis! Must be an especially great feeling after that long away from your 8. Glad to hear you negotiated the path to get flying again so (relatively speaking) quickly.

Hat’s off to you, sir!

Last edited:
That is very good news.....

I couldn't help but notice that your prop is in the right position to be clipped by a Cessna, if parked facing a taxiway....:eek:

Dennis.......ABSOLUTELY fantastic news.....may you have many new adventures!! What a great thread to start off the New Year :)

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL RV8 !!!!!!

Given the speed the TC aero-medical group is moving these days, this post requires not only a hearty congratulations but also a request for a "how did you get it done so fast" explanation. I'm happy to hear you are back in the air, and curious to know how you managed to make TC work at something other than their current "dead slow or stop" speed.

I think the key was giving TC everything they needed for their review when my deferral went in. My CAME (Civil Aviation Medical Examiner) was instrumental in this. Missing or incomplete information really slows things down. Good reports certainly help too. My CAME also advised me to stay on top of TC’s requirements for future testing & reports.

Last edited:
Back