VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2021, 01:52 PM

Default Me too !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoDrvr View Post
My wish is that ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot would allow air data to be shared from a G3X to an iPad. I.E. the iPad would display indicated airspeed and altitude as a repeater of the PFD, vice GPS derived information. Seems all the required components are there, just a software design that ties it all together.
Could the video feed from Garmin somehow be configured for this .....I know NOTHING about this stuff ...so forgive if that is an unbelievably stupid question
Old 07-29-2022, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Pichon View Post

The adapter to accommodate the seat back geometry is a printed part. I would be happy to share the CAD file, if you like.
Dean,

This is amazing! For those of us that don't have access to a 3D printer...any chance you'd be willing to sell one of these

Thanks,
TJ
Kansas City
1K1/KHIG
Old 07-30-2022, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewser1989 View Post
Dean,

This is amazing! For those of us that don't have access to a 3D printer...any chance you'd be willing to sell one of these

Thanks,
TJ
Hi TJ,

I've been struggling with my 3-D printer for weeks. Just for fun, I tried to print the adapter, and for reasons I don't yet understand, it printed fine. You are welcome to this piece for the price of postage. One caveat though, I'm only set-up to print with PLA filament. It's not as robust as some filaments, though it has proven fine for this application in my plane. Send my your mailing info and I will drop this in the mail early next week. Now, I have to figure out why some print while others don't...

Regards,

Dean
Old 07-30-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoDrvr View Post
My wish is that ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot would allow air data to be shared from a G3X to an iPad. I.E. the iPad would display indicated airspeed and altitude as a repeater of the PFD, vice GPS derived information. Seems all the required components are there, just a software design that ties it all together.
This is an older thread but FYI, the iLevil 3AW has Pitot/Static input along with serial engine data input from the GRT EIS 4000. This information, along with traffice and weather is fed via wifi to an iPad. Foreflight can display the traffice and weaher. Levil Aviation has an app that will display the Indicated Airspeed and Pressure Altitude along with engine parameters like RPM/MAP/OilT/OilPress/EGT/CHT.

We used this setup for the trip to Oshkosh.

NOTE to GRT 66R users ... It ONLY works with the 4000, NOT the 66R (ask me how I know :-) )
RV6, RV8 Flying
RV6A Hoping to get back to finishing soon
APRS
Old 08-25-2022, 07:30 AM

There is a vendor called Guardian Avionics I saw at Oshkosh they have a solution to display information pulled from EFIS (including air data) and EM and display it on their app on iPad

Also Fly OnSpeed I think they have open source Raspberry Pi solution to pull the data from common EFIS's and display it on HUDs or any other type of display's