What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show me your stick! (RV8)

Rich Pulman

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My RV8 forward stick is too short and too far forward for comfort. I know others have modified theirs to move the grip aft and up, but I haven't found any pictures and/or dimensions showing what will work. The problem I'm finding is that the "bend" in the stick has to be high enough to clear the seat pan and the cushions which leaves very little vertical space remaining for the grip to clear the bottom of the instrument panel. The airplane came with an Infinity stick grip which I'd like to keep, but its length might make that a poor choice.

Any thoughts, suggestions, pictures, dimensions, etc. are most appreciated. Thanks.

Richard

Do a search for “bent stick” (or maybe just “bent” - the search function is wonky…) in the Rv-8 forum, and you’ll find lots of information on what folks have done.

More details required...

Thanks Paul. I had previously done that and did find a few threads on the subject matter. However I didn't find much in the way of results (before & after photos), nor dimensions (length, offset, etc.) that worked out for owners with standard panels. Details man; I want details! :D

Back