What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Threaded drill bit organizer

FlyGuy65

Well Known Member
Any great ideas for organizing threaded drill bits? Seen a few magnetic base hex bit holders, but nothing specific for threaded drill bits. Trying to stop myself from reinventing any wheels....

Thanks!

Bit Organizer

I use jewelry boxes, both tops and bottoms, for drills, threaded drills, countersinks, and the occasional Cogsdill bit that I might have (https://cogsdill.com/products/deburring-tools/).

Ain't pretty but it does the job. For frequently used ones, holes drilled in a piece of 2x4.

George

Attachments

• Photo_121306_001.jpg
    Photo_121306_001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 197
Desert Rat +10

You don't need a lot of storage.

Early in my build I used a scrap of wood to make a drill guide to hang on the wall above my bench. I drilled angled blind holes to stick the bits in. The size choices were from #40 and up through the rivet and screw sizes to 1/4" and a couple of big holes for step drill and a few other things. There were only about 10 or 12 selections so its not big. There are not that many sizes needed on a constant basis.

So sizes went left to right. Labelled. But. Drill types went vertically. Top was a sharp jobber length, below was a threaded bit and below that an extra hole for something like a dull-ish bit. All on a board about 2.5 x 12.

Possibly one of the handiest and most often used tools I made during the build.

The rest of the stock of new aviation bits were in my drill drawer in baggies. Only accessed when a replacement was needed.

This works for me. Handy and neat at the same time.

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 162
Back