What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NUMATX Squeezer upgraded hose

tyconnell

Well Known Member
Other threads have convinced me that if you're going to spend the money on a squeezer, the marginal extra dollars spent on the NUMATX are worth it.

And for the additional sum of ONLY $100 ( :eek: ), you can get a fancy coated steel braided hose for it (jeez, I thought ~$30 for the Cleaveland lightweight hose kit was a lot!)

In all seriousness, I know the upgrade is 2' longer and purportedly more flexible than the stock hose, but would like some feedback on how life changing the upgrade is.

Also, is 8' enough?

(I'm sure there are keyboards warming up to tell me to get over my hose "sticker shock"...)

I opted for the upgraded hose from Flyboy and would do it again. The extra length is nice, but the real difference is in the size and flexibility of the upgraded hose (much thinner and more flexible).

The original hose also comes with it and I laughed out loud when I saw it. The pics at the link that you posted are with the upgraded hose. The one that comes standard with the kit is just a standard black hydraulic hose with OD 0.54". The TS Flightlines upgrade hose is OD 0.37".

May be wrong, but as I understand it, the system when marketed by the original product designer (ROTARY7) had a hose similar to the upgrade. After he sold the design to the current manufacturer they downgraded to the thick black hose.

WE used to make the hoses for Mark before he sold the company. They opted to use the industrial version. Havent seen it, but suspect its thermoplastic.
We supply Blake at Flyboys the hoses he sells for the system. Its our standard clear coated teflon hose, and stainless hose ends.
Certainly---if you have a custom length you want, we can do that. Made some 20 foot ones a few years ago for a client!

Tom

use the standard hose

I have used mine throughout my build. I didn't know there was an option. I haven't seen any limitations. I can't think of a point where the hose wasn't long enough. I guess if I had seen that way back when I ordered I might have bought it. I guess I accidentally saved some money.

Tom- I presume the hose you are referring over at Flyboy’s is the clear plastic coated stainless braided hose?

Having seen both - Tom's is waaaaaaaay better.

I bought a show set, so mine came with the upgraded hose. A couple of guys have bought over here only to be disappointed with the thick rubber hose which is standard. The advantage of the Numatx squeezer is its lightness and flexibility in tight spaces. To have a clunky rubber hose defeats the prime objective !

Hi Tom..... Can I buy a hose for my Numatx ?

Suuuuure - 16 numbers and an expiration date please.

Just say yes and do it - you will not be disappointed :D:D:D

I have the Numatx with the black hose, and I suspect it also affects performance. When I use the unit the line flexes a bit and maybe even expands a bit. My operating pressures are higher than others describe - I suspect it is the hose. It is well flushed with no air I promise you.

Back