What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV12 Jackpoint

Avengerboss

Well Known Member
Finally came up with Jackpoints for the RV12. Available soon
Check with Flyboy Accessories.

Attachments

• 0C5A649D-16AD-46AC-AAAF-139BF6DB04E9.jpg
    0C5A649D-16AD-46AC-AAAF-139BF6DB04E9.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 285
I remove the tie down ring, install a 3/8” bolt and use a tall hydraulic hack. I took a 2” piece of Aluminum round stock and bored a cup on each end. One end fits over the Jack piston and the other over the 3/8” bolt head. That prevents it from slipping off the Jack. Gives me unhindered access to the axle/wheel assembly.

I have this table lift. With it I can do all the lifting without any help.

1. It will lift the whole airplane from the center.

2. To service one wheel add a furniture blanket folded many layers and lift one wing at the tie down eye, no need to remove the eye.

3. To service the nose wheel bolt a 10" chain with a hook to the table. Raise the table, hook the chain to the tail hook of the airplane then lower the table.

4. To put the plane on saw horses do #3 and the nose will come high enough to put the front saw horse in place. Then add furniture blankets folded thick on the table and lift at the tail tie down eye and slide the rear saw horse in place.

With a slight mod the handle will pivot from vertical to lay down flat.

Plus it is a useful lifting platform to have around the shop to get heavy stuff in and out of a vehicle.

Harbor Freight
1000 Lb. Capacity Hydraulic Table Cart
$349.00
60438_W3.jpg

Last edited:
Back