What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with GEA24 / Ceis digital level sensors

Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
I have confirmed 5V at sensors. The touch 46xx shows EIS error on the screen.I want to confirm float motion function before prosealing the sensor in the tank,as CEIS suggests. Is there a way to do this with a can bus termination or other tricks. I would prefer not to have to plug all the LRU's in the can bus, but I can if it is required.

I have confirmed 5V at sensors. The touch 46xx shows EIS error on the screen.I want to confirm float motion function before prosealing the sensor in the tank,as CEIS suggests. Is there a way to do this with a can bus termination or other tricks. I would prefer not to have to plug all the LRU's in the can bus, but I can if it is required.

My CiES senders require 9-28 VDC - which I believe will require you to provide power from another source than the GEA. We did a fused 12VDC power source for ours. There was no Canbus connection required. Fuel inputs were configured as digital.

Just happened to calibrate the tanks yesterday. The senders are rock steady and seem to be so much more accurate/repeatable versus the stock SW sensors.

Last edited:
Sheilding requirments ?

Thanks to all. CEIS and Garmin confirm the latest GEA24 docs do not specify 12V is required. FWIW, 2.5V are the correct output from the CEIS sensor. Both acknowledge a Garmin update for EXPERIMENTAL application is hung up somewhere. G3 EXPERT help can send specs for wiring.

However, the CEIS wires are not shielded. The new doc specifies shielding everything from the CEIS sender to Garmin GEA24. My question is:
Is the signal the only vulnerable issue, or do ground and power need to be shielded also. I am considering leave it unshielded since it is already wired. Your experience ????

Back