What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Lightspeed headset w/ CO monitor

BobTurner

Well Known Member
Title says it all. I can’t seem to find the answer to this question: Anyone know if there is a lifetime limit on the CO sensor?

Title says it all. I can’t seem to find the answer to this question: Anyone know if there is a lifetime limit on the CO sensor?

I saw that question answered on the MyPilotStore Q&A. The response there was that is it a digital sensor and does not have an expiration date.

They may be digital and self-calibrating, but all CO sensors still have organic components and have a limit life. I have an in-panel AITHRE unit which has the same automated characteristics but it is reported to have a 10-year life as well.

Lifetime of the CO sensor in the Delta Zulu Headset

As I mentioned earlier, I queried Lightspeed Aviation directly. Below is their response (somewhat redacted):
Hello Carl,

Thank you for reaching out. The lifetime of the CO sensor in the Delta Zulu is 10 years. At that time, customers will be able to send their Delta Zulu in to our repair center to have the CO sensor replaced.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Customer Support Manager
LightspeedAviation.com​

Hey, Greg H. approves! Here he is plugging the new HearingEQity™ feature.

https://youtu.be/4ZQVDJOKw7s

i-DcDQdqV-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Yup!

"Dear Lightspeed customer,

Thank you for your purchase of Delta Zulu!

Due to a longer than expected certification process with Apple MFI, we are unable to release the hundreds of Delta Zulu headsets that are ready to go until we have this “i” dotted.

We anticipate this will cause a delay of up to three weeks. We are working hard to make this timeframe shorter, but want to be as transparent as possible as we work through these details.

Your order will be kept in its current place in line."​

Back