What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Land or air parks around Knoxville

Maxrate

Well Known Member
Looking for possible retirement property or air parks around the Knoxville,TN area. We’ve researched several air park websites but are looking for real-time experiences. All municipal airports have a long wait list for community or T hangars. Thanks

Deerfield resort

I have never lived there, but have visited (via my RV-4)Deerfield resort on Norris Lake a bit north of Knoxville. I'd move there in a skinny minute if I could. Water, Golf, Nice airport. Went there for a fly-in gathering, and meet some super people, as well as being a very scenic area. Check it out!

I have never lived there, but have visited (via my RV-4)Deerfield resort on Norris Lake a bit north of Knoxville. I'd move there in a skinny minute if I could. Water, Golf, Nice airport. Went there for a fly-in gathering, and meet some super people, as well as being a very scenic area. Check it out!

I've rented on Lake Norris. Reservoirs are a little different if you are used to glacier lakes, but it's a very nice area.

Looking for possible retirement property or air parks around the Knoxville,TN area. We’ve researched several air park websites but are looking for real-time experiences. All municipal airports have a long wait list for community or T hangars. Thanks

Mark, contact me when you get a chance and I will try and help. I am the president of our Knoxville EAA chapter and have a lot of contacts in the area. I see one of our members have already PM'd you. Deerfield is one that I would consider except it is a long winding road to town. Southfork is just a through the fence community alongside a public airport, looks good on paper, but doesn't impress me. At any rate feel free to reach out to me when you get a chance.
george

Thanks for all the replies. We spent 4 days in Nashville looking over the area and want to do the same with Knoxville this summer. Nashville airports have at least 75 to 100 on the wait list for T hangars. (Crazy) I’ll get in touch with everyone then and get more information. Thanks again for the input.

Back