What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

koger shade

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
does anyone have any experience or opinions as to whether or not the larger screen is an improvement over the smaller one?

I bought my standard size shade from someone going to the wide shade.
So, there is enough of a difference for at least one person to make the change.
Flying to OSH and back, I was happy to have the shade, but can see where the wide version would an improvement some of the time- depending upon the sun angle.

In my experience it’s on of those “6 of one-half dozen the other” propositions. There are times I’d like a little extra shade and turn my hat off center (OK, I look like a rapper) to shield my eyes. Other times I appreciate the shade I have combined with good visibility to the sides. No plans to change shades soon though I may revisit the issue after more hours in the North FL sun.

When the sun hit me at a shallow angle I just slide the shade on its support rods to cover it. Works well after mid morning when the sun gets high enough to make it work.

Larger is much better for coverage, but I also added a pair of the static cling tinted squares and they make for a VERY comfortable slight in direct sun from any angle.

I had the smaller one for years and changed to the larger one and it is night and day difference to the good.

Back