What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lee’s RV Grin for his RV8s first flight

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I posted a few weeks ago on the 1st start for Lee’s RV 8. Well today she took to the air. I pulled together a short 3min Video of his flight from an iPhone and GoPro in the plane. Fellow RVr Nigel had the honors of the 1st flight. Nigel build his own RV8 and helped out Lee the flight. It was a successful 30 min flight with nothing major to report.

https://youtu.be/81zQ1F5A0q8

Attachments

• 66950E56-66E2-40F7-8F89-B47526C2F700.jpg
    66950E56-66E2-40F7-8F89-B47526C2F700.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 337
Lee, like you, I didnt do my first flight but my grin was about the same as yours! My friend did my phase one for me then I finally got a chance to go up. Im still grinning!

Have fun with your plane. If you love it half as much as I love mine, you are a lucky dude!

Wow, I see you brought in a “Big Gun” for your maiden flight. With Nigel at the controls you will know everything you ever wanted to know about your new mount, even the stuff you were afraid to ask about. Nigel Speedy is a big gun and a good bloke! For those who don’t know him, his background is nothing short of impressive. I’ll stop now, he’s a pretty humble guy. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Wow, I see you brought in a “Big Gun” for your maiden flight. With Nigel at the controls you will know everything you ever wanted to know about your new mount, even the stuff you were afraid to ask about. Nigel Speedy is a big gun and a good bloke! For those who don’t know him, his background is nothing short of impressive. I’ll stop now, he’s a pretty humble guy. Congratulations!

Yes, Nigel's a great guy and I'm grateful that he agreed to do the first flight. I can't think of anyone more qualified and he gave me a thorough debrief. I'll be a lot more confident when I fly it for the first time knowing it's been blessed by the "big gun" ;)

Last edited:
MY first flight

After fixing a couple of minor squawks from my airplane's first flight two weeks ago I got to make *MY* first flight in it yesterday. What a blast. It flies great and I can't wait to continue more of Phase 1.

No RV grin photo this time but I was grinning all day yesterday....still am :D

Attachments

• Lee's flight 2.JPG
    Lee's flight 2.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 286
Congratulations Lee on YOUR First Flight! Nice camera angle on a very familiar runway.

Great job!

You’ll never forget that first flight in a plane of your own making. Congratulations and enjoy phase I exploring the performance of your magic carpet.

Back