What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pilots needed

Greenley

Well Known Member
This Summer August 13-16 there will be a gathering of 45,000 - 50,000 kids grades 5-12 at Oshkosh, these kids are from around the world. I am responsible for the aviation portion of their activities. The last time this event was held we gave around 800 Young Eagle rides in the 2 1/2 days that weather was good. Our goal is 1,000 if we have 4 good days of weather. I am looking for volunteers that would like to help with flights. We also have a ground display area on aviation, home building, and mission aviation. The kids will all have gone an intro to aviation and a preflight before they come for their Young Eagle ride.

If you would like to help for any or all of this time please contact me. I will be their with my RV-10 (now this is RV related :))
Thanks

I have flown over 300 YE?s in my 6A.
I will return after Airventure to fly YE,,s if some sort of accommodations are provided . Camping is fine

John Morgan
770-823-1713

The campground will be open during the week, and I can reserve sites for pilots (no charge). We will be flying young eagles out of the west ramp, otherwise know as boeing plaza, aeroshell square, or philips 66 plaza depending on when you have been at airventure.

Just a reminder that I can always use more pilots. We have 1,100 kids registered for Young Eagles rides August 12-16 at the Oshkosh airport. Now just to find all the pilots we need :)

Just a quick question here as a novice. (Only been there once in my 8) Given the huge volume of flight operations at Oshkosh, how does it work with these kids, if one can't get back in? (I'm thinking of the mass mess on the Ripon arrival last year, 2018, is why I'm asking)

Just a quick question here as a novice. (Only been there once in my 8) Given the huge volume of flight operations at Oshkosh, how does it work with these kids, if one can't get back in? (I'm thinking of the mass mess on the Ripon arrival last year, 2018, is why I'm asking)

Looks like this event is a couple of weeks after all potential Airventure chaos.

This is not during Airventure week, the other 350 days of the year Oshkosh airport is just a relatively quiet towered field.

Bill

I still plan to be there for as much of it as my work schedule will allow. I?m aiming for the whole week. But might have to make a 2.5 day trip somewhere in that week.

Maybe have a planning teleconference/Webex prior. I have a line if you want to use it. Give a call. 505-803-2269

this is no small feat. 250 kids a day will need 20 planes half of which will need to be four place. lots of hopefully donated fuel food and water. reach out to all EAA chapters within 40 miles. this will likely be a world record. good luck. wish i could be there for all the fun. :):):)
IMG-3461.jpg

Back