What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insight G1 Engine Monitor

Louavul

Well Known Member
Curious if anyone has any experience/impressions/thoughts on the Insight G1 Engine Monitor (EGT/CHT only) or the Insight company as a whole.

I only learned of this company by word of mouth from a fellow RVer who saw them at Airventure. I don't see much if any advertising except their web site and not much on the Google.

Thinking of replacing my current 4 way EGT/CHT 2.25 inch temp gauge that is often confused and essentially unusable.

As always, Thanks!

Hey Steven

I have an Insight G2 installed in my Maule with CHT/EGT on all six cylinders, OAT, Carb Temp, and fuel flow. I only have about 140 hours on the unit but it seems rock solid, easy to read, and has a leaning feature. I don't know if you watch 310Pilot on Youtube, but he has the G4 in his C310.

I haven't had any service issues so I can't comment on their customer service but emails to them asking questions get answered pretty quick

Cheers

Fan

I'm a big fan of Insight engine monitors - mainly the ability to monitor probe health to analyze a probe failure over an engine problem.

I also would like to explore the vibration analysis and forces ability.

Note that I don't think it displays fuel pressure unless you can configure it through an aux input but I don't think you can.

Back