What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout Out For Chad Coady!

Terry Lutz

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Some of you may have seen Chad's post offering a 3D printed iPad mount for the rear seat of the RV-8. I ordered one, and it arrived yesterday. It's terrific and very well designed. I pressed my iPad Mini into the mount and it fit very securely. I scratched my head a bit on how to get it back out. Then I discovered a very clever aspect of the design, a magnetically held end piece that is easy to remove yet stays securely in place. The way the mount is held to the top of the front seat bar is also very well designed, and includes the specialty screws needed to hold the clamps in place. An added benefit is that the clamps will act to limit the movement of your shoulder harness straps. A really nice design, and very well produced. Definitely worth the price. Thanks Chad!

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=209794&highlight=iPad+mount

Rv-8 iPad mount

Wow! We received our custom mount from Chad and it is dynamite! I ordered the larger mount for the 10.2 inch iPad Pro and got it installed today. In the photo, it was not yet tweaked so I straightened it up a little after this but you can see it fits perfectly. I was able to bluetooth to the GDL39 3D and split the screen so my grandson (11 years old) now has a moving map display and a AHRS driven instrument panel. This is a high quality mount that's adjustable.

Thanks Chad!

Attachments

• 4076E568-0291-4C07-BDDA-C82DAB2B3AE7.jpg
    4076E568-0291-4C07-BDDA-C82DAB2B3AE7.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 76
Back