What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Arizona ADOT registration heads up

BobRv4

Well Known Member
Looks like AZ missed sending out our yearly tax bill, so go to ADOT website look up your N number and see if they added a late fee, they did to me. Another local rv guy figured out who to contact. Send them an email to get penalty fee waived, thanks Robert!
[email protected].

RE: AZDOT aircraft registration

Thanks Robert for the heads up. I checked on my aircraft yesterday and it shows that I didn't pay last years fee which isn't correct because AZDOT sent me the registration sticker for my aircraft. I think they were delinquent in sending out notifications last year that the fee was due. I sent an email to the contact you provided requesting a correction. Maybe it will get things sorted out.

Thanks for mentioning this. I received a late notice in the mail yesterday with the late fee. Went ahead and paid yesterday. Probably little chance of getting the late fee refunded or credited, but thanks for the email contact.

AZ Registration Notice

Looks like AZ missed sending out our yearly tax bill, so go to ADOT website look up your N number and see if they added a late fee, they did to me. Another local rv guy figured out who to contact. Send them an email to get penalty fee waived, thanks Robert!
[email protected].

I received mine on schedule (in contrast to last year when it was about a month late as I recall). I made the payment electronically on 14 Jan, but didn't receive the "sticker". As the end of February approached, I called and was told that the system did show me as having paid, but that they were having some issues getting the stickers prepped/mailed. A few days later, it arrived in the mail.

AZ - vehicles...

Paid ADOT the first week of December for our airplane ($25) and recieved sticker last week of February. Our car and pop up trailer didn’t get notified, as usual, and are taking several weeks for the plate sticker. Got pulled over for our cars NOV20 sticker in January. Showed Officer receipt and was satisfied. He said ADOT is all slowed down, so their only checking / giving notices.

Robert, really timely post. Just got my delinquency notice today. I'm quite sure I never got the annual bill in December. Will email them to ask for waiver since I have two of these (only received one past due notice so far).

Mike

Late fee waived by calling or emailing....

Awesome customer service from the Aviation division of ADOT. I emailed and they were more than happy to waive all (3) of my late fees as I never received the 2021 renewal notices. I paid within 5 mins of getting the email that the fees were removed. Anyone that gets a late fee notice, they ask for you to call or email and they will be happy to remove the fee. Please help spread the word.

I received mine on time. My experience with ADOT has always been terrific and you can't beat the registration price.

I am reviving this thread from 3 years ago as I just realized I didn't receive the invoice for my annual Arizona aircraft registration from ADOT. It usually comes at the end of December and now we are at the end of January. I went online and sure enough it was due, now paid.

If you have aircraft registered in AZ you might double check registration renewal status to avoid a late fee.

I am reviving this thread from 3 years ago as I just realized I didn't receive the invoice for my annual Arizona aircraft registration from ADOT. It usually comes at the end of December and now we are at the end of January. I went online and sure enough it was due, now paid.

If you have aircraft registered in AZ you might double check registration renewal status to avoid a late fee.
As somebody about ready to move to Az, how are the fees for registration calculated?

Not a tax guy, but if you already paid taxes you maybe off the hook? If you buy an airplane from a private party no tax. If you buy from a dealer you pay 5% or so. There is no yearly use tax other than the 25 bucks. Your best bet is to call the tax man!

Back