What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I need a new creeper

I recently purchased one and my only regret is I didn't buy it sooner. With a bad back it would have been a godsend during my build.

That's awesome! Is that a release handle rip deal or a pump-up handle?
I like it.
That's the release handle on the side. It was part of the original push bar. I cut it off and bolted it on the side. The pump-up is a floor level bar at one end you can pump with your foot.

Saw this creeper on VAF several years ago, saved it to my "like to build someday file” but would replace the jack with a 12 volt linear actuator and power it with a M12 Milwaukee battery pack.

I recognize that blue creepe! that one was a 3 week project prototype I produced some years back. Amazing that you spotted that post. Update. I still use that one and works very well . It has to be adjusted for "pitch" before you roll under something but support is excellent. Built from 1 inch sq tubing , a floor jack and some FH casters and a piece of foam to the head rest area. Thanks for recognizing it.

Last edited:
I somehow missed this thread the first time. I may win the contest for biggest piece of junk creeper times the number of decades I've been using it (predates the 21 year old airplane) by a decade or two. Not sure why I've tolerated it - awful thing to get on board for reasons discussed.

I like that AeroCreeper except for the cost, of course, but also it appears those casters would love to meet up with wheel fairings.

Hmm, may have found a winter project to build.

Follow-up:

My Aerocreeper was delivered yesterday. Arrived fully assembled and securely packaged 53lb, 24"X57"X8" cardboard box. The creeper is sturdy and heavy, and I'm very happy with the quality. I only have one squawk...

The bolt threads that support the seat-back adjustment carriage are pointed inward towards the seat-back upholstery (see photos). The gap between the bolt threads and the seat-back upholstery was too-close for my comfort. Although there is no side-to-side play in the seat-back frame at all, I now feel more at ease having reversed the bolts - threads now pointing outward from the creeper. This created more room between the bolt head, and the seat-back upholstery.

That's it - only squawk I have. I'm very happy with the purchase!

Attachments

• Aerocreeper 01.jpg
    Aerocreeper 01.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Aerocreeper 02.jpg
    Aerocreeper 02.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Aerocreeper 04.jpg
    Aerocreeper 04.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 86
Back