What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GtnXi, new Firmware version V20.30

eld

Hello,

I discover a new version of manuel where I find Pilot Guide revision E from 01/03/2023
https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-02327-03_e.pdf
this Revision E is for V20.30 firmware, but I don't know where I can find this new firmware

GTN Xi Series Main software version 20.30 contains the following changes:

NOTE
If installed, GI 275 Software Version 2.60 (or later) and TXi Software Version 3.50 (or later) is required before updating to GTN Xi Software Version 20.30.

Fixed an issue described in Garmin Service Advisory 22018, where an airport that is within glide range as depicted on the map may not be a selectable destination if it is less than 2NM away while flying at low altitude (less than 2500 feet AGL)
Fixed an issue described in Garmin Service Advisory 21124, when selecting some ILS approaches on the GTN Xi navigator, the GFC 500 is not able to capture the glideslope
Fixed an issue described in Garmin Service Advisory 22003, where the flight plan will not change when airborne and using the graphical flight plan editing feature on the active leg of a flight plan that contains an altitude constraint
Expanded the database sync feature to support coordinated restarts and status reporting across GTN Xi, G500/G600 TXi, and GI 275
Added digital signatures to all database files
Added support for 100Mb Ethernet for database sync between GTN Xi, G500/G600 TXi, and GI 275
Added GI 275 to the LRUs that support remote database confirmation
Updated user interface for Flight Stream 510 Wi-Fi security to encourage stronger passwords
Expanded configuration mode Diagnostic Logs to allow deletion of the stored Flight Data Logs
Expanded Route waypoint types to include fly-over waypoints
Changed flight plan waypoints that are used for transitions to be shown in gray text on the Flight Plan page
Fixed an issue with chart overlay flickering on the map when on the ground. The chart overlay on the map displays only when in air
Restored the functionality for Flight ID to be editable with the knob on GTN 650Xi
Reworded the nearest airport list to display “No Glide Information Available” instead of “No airports within Glide Range” when Smart Glide™ is configured but inactive and not displaying the glide range ring
Improved the lighting bus input processing to protect against inputs above the maximum value configured by the lighting curve
Fixed an issue where the waypoint discrete output was being incorrectly set on segment transitions on some course reversals
Changed descriptions of VOR/DME, VOR, NDB/DME, NDB, and TACAN approaches for LNAV with advisory vertical guidance to only append “+V” instead of “LNAV+V”
Improved determining the altitude constraints for a standard arrival that shares a common waypoint with an approach to load the best constraint, either the constraint that satisfies both procedures or a composite of the two constraints. If the best constraint is not found, the standard arrival constraint is used.

Last edited:
Hello,

I discover a new version of manuel where I find Pilot Guide revision E from 01/03/2023
https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-02327-03_e.pdf
this Revision E is for V20.30 firmware, but I don't know where I can find this new firmware

GTN Xi Series Main software version 20.30 contains the following changes:

NOTE
If installed, GI 275 Software Version 2.60 (or later) and TXi Software Version 3.50 (or later) is required before updating to GTN Xi Software Version 20.30.

Fixed an issue described in Garmin Service Advisory 22018, where an airport that is within glide range as depicted on the map may not be a selectable destination if it is less than 2NM away while flying at low altitude (less than 2500 feet AGL)
Fixed an issue described in Garmin Service Advisory 21124, when selecting some ILS approaches on the GTN Xi navigator, the GFC 500 is not able to capture the glideslope
Fixed an issue described in Garmin Service Advisory 22003, where the flight plan will not change when airborne and using the graphical flight plan editing feature on the active leg of a flight plan that contains an altitude constraint
Expanded the database sync feature to support coordinated restarts and status reporting across GTN Xi, G500/G600 TXi, and GI 275
Added digital signatures to all database files
Added support for 100Mb Ethernet for database sync between GTN Xi, G500/G600 TXi, and GI 275
Added GI 275 to the LRUs that support remote database confirmation
Updated user interface for Flight Stream 510 Wi-Fi security to encourage stronger passwords
Expanded configuration mode Diagnostic Logs to allow deletion of the stored Flight Data Logs
Expanded Route waypoint types to include fly-over waypoints
Changed flight plan waypoints that are used for transitions to be shown in gray text on the Flight Plan page
Fixed an issue with chart overlay flickering on the map when on the ground. The chart overlay on the map displays only when in air
Restored the functionality for Flight ID to be editable with the knob on GTN 650Xi
Reworded the nearest airport list to display “No Glide Information Available” instead of “No airports within Glide Range” when Smart Glide™ is configured but inactive and not displaying the glide range ring
Improved the lighting bus input processing to protect against inputs above the maximum value configured by the lighting curve
Fixed an issue where the waypoint discrete output was being incorrectly set on segment transitions on some course reversals
Changed descriptions of VOR/DME, VOR, NDB/DME, NDB, and TACAN approaches for LNAV with advisory vertical guidance to only append “+V” instead of “LNAV+V”
Improved determining the altitude constraints for a standard arrival that shares a common waypoint with an approach to load the best constraint, either the constraint that satisfies both procedures or a composite of the two constraints. If the best constraint is not found, the standard arrival constraint is used.

We post software for the GTN (Xi) Series Navigators to our website so that owners/maintainers of experimental aircraft can update their software without having to visit a dealer.

We will create a post on VAF when we have posted the new version for experimental customers.

Thanks,

Justin

>We post software for the GTN (Xi) Series Navigators to our website so that owners/maintainers of experimental aircraft can update their software without having to visit a dealer.

OK, I never say it's needed to contact dealer, I know that, it's my case (experimental) and I have take tihis Pilot guide on experimental section of your web site on manual part

I not find fimware where I find in past your Web Firmware for experimental

It's for this reason I ask you.

Thanks
Eld

For G3Xpert:

Per SB 22111 I installed the 20.30 software in my 650Xi. I only selected the newer versions that were "on card" - they were Main Board & COM Board.

After all was loaded I completed the verification procedure, with one discrepancy:

Table 6 refers to COM Board SW Version as 2.02
Mine was updated to SW ver 2.10 - as it was "on card". Old ver was 2.02.
All other SW versions matched table 6.

Which of these is correct SW version??

After flight testing, everything worked great.

Back