What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pilot Side - Left Master Brake Cylinder...

Piper J3

Well Known Member
I've been searching this forum and can't find Manufacturer (Matco?) and PN for Pilot Side - Left Master Brake Cylinder. Also, does anyone know if this is rebuildable? Thanks in advance....

Pilot LH Brake Master Cylinder

Hi Jim,
Just wondering what's wrong with your master cylinder? Leaking or weak? My pilot side LH master
cylinder recently became weak. I have new brake pads and no leaks. I have bled from the bottom up using a pressure pot. No air bubbles noted. Is it common for these master cylinders to fail?

Thanks

If you changed brake pads they need conditioning to be effective. Do several fast taxis to just less than liftoff speed and apply hard braking to a stop. Three runs should remove the glaze on the new pads.

If you changed brake pads they need conditioning to be effective. Do several fast taxis to just less than liftoff speed and apply hard braking to a stop. Three runs should remove the glaze on the new pads.

I am familiar with this procedure and complied with it. I am losing pedal pressure on pilots LH pedal. I have no air coming out so I suspect master has failed.

Thsnks

I am familiar with this procedure and complied with it. I am losing pedal pressure on pilots LH pedal. I have no air coming out so I suspect master has failed.

Thsnks

Hi Jim,
Just wondering what's wrong with your master cylinder? Leaking or weak? My pilot side LH master
cylinder recently became weak./QUOTE]

In my case the pilot's left brake peddle was angled forward toward the firewall. I reached down and pulled the peddle toward me and it seems to have fixed the problem. I ordered a rebuild kit thinking maybe the internal piston seal is leaking. Right now I'm good....

Back