What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st annual fly-in: KFYE Memphis

clam

Well Known Member
KFYE is hosting it's first annual Van's Aircraft Rendezvous on May 1, 2021, 9am - 3pm.

Rendezvous of like minded Van's Flyers and Builders. Lunch provided. For more information, contact:

Rusty Bliss, airfield manager
KFYE - Fayette County
901-212-4393
[email protected]

I will also plan to make it. I use to live in that area years ago (Collierville) when I worked for Delta at KMEM.
george

Sounds like fun...

Putting it on my calendar. Hope to make it. Will see if my formation group wants to make a flight with me down from Nashville area.

KFYE is hosting it's first annual Van's Aircraft Rendezvous on May 1, 2021, 9am - 3pm.

Rendezvous of like minded Van's Flyers and Builders. Lunch provided. For more information, contact:

KFYE - Fayette County
901-212-4393
[email protected]

Did the Fly-IN today get rained out. If so will there be a rain date?
george

Pretty easy, select calendar, add event.
Just added it.

This was a test and maybe a PR stunt to add attention to the May 1st Fly-in, or maybe just an overload on my part and then add in some aging problems and now you can understand my confusion.
george

This was a test and maybe a PR stunt to add attention to the May 1st Fly-in, or maybe just an overload on my part and then add in some aging problems and now you can understand my confusion.
george

I’ll go with “test and PR stunt”. I like it, it worked!! ;)

Reminder ...

... we are still on for this event. The ribs and butts will go in the smoker soon.

Thanks Karl for adding to the calendar - hope to see you there.

Those planning to attend can RSVP to:

KFYE - Fayette County
901-212-4393
[email protected]

Nice Turnout

Great day of flying, 4.8 on the TACH. Great hosts, good smoke pork and fixins, about 50 RV’s, all versions but 14, 3 I think. Also, local car club came out. Saw a MG with a 302 in it 😀 Thanks Rusty Bliss Fayette County Airport and others for managing a larger than expected crowd. We had a great time, made new friends.

Butch

Attachments

• CC096076-4476-411C-BB7C-9F99DBE899D6.jpeg
    CC096076-4476-411C-BB7C-9F99DBE899D6.jpeg
    733.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 24303DAF-14CB-42CA-A3CF-118D4B851B8C.jpeg
    24303DAF-14CB-42CA-A3CF-118D4B851B8C.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 361
Great day of flying, 4.8 on the TACH. Great hosts, good smoke pork and fixins, about 50 RV’s, all versions but 14, 3 I think. Also, local car club came out. Saw a MG with a 302 in it 😀 Thanks Rusty Bliss Fayette County Airport and others for managing a larger than expected crowd. We had a great time, made new friends.

Butch

I put 4.5 on the tack from the Knoxville TN area. I see the picture of my RV9A in the one picture. It is the one with polished aluminum and blue nose and tail. Thanks to all who helped Rusty put this on. There was so many aircraft there that the fuel pumps were blocked. I felt bad that we couldn't buy some fuel to help them offset some of the food cost. Again thanks Rusty.
george

I flew up from Raymond, MS, KJVW, in N184FN. 2.6 hours for the round trip. Dave, wearing a yellow airport shirt, helped me park in the grass just past the ramp. I told him with the green grass and the smooth runway, turning final looked like landing in Heaven. It was a great event and the barbecue was wonderful! Thanks to all who put it on and thanks for posting it on VAF.

Great Event!

We were a flight of 4 RV's from KXNX (Gallatin, TN, North of Nashville). Great morning to fly. Silky smooth. Nice view of downtown Nashville on the way down. Thanks to all who made this event possible. The food was delicious and the healing power of this kind of event cannot be overstated... Onward and Upward... :)

Resized_20210501_090850.jpeg

IMG_3919.jpeg

It was fun!

A few of us were standing on the ramp laughing about having the same worry on the way to the event...that we might not recognize aviation friends and acquaintances we had not seen in what seems like ages. Some are grayer, some got skinny. some got fat, and some of us can't remember spit anyway.

However, I remember what I had for lunch. Rusty, those ribs were marvelous.

Last edited:
Just a few shots of the fly in. We very much appreciate all who attended and look forward to doing this again!

IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

... plus the rare, but beautiful A-RV8 with gun ablazin' that put fear in the hearts of the enemy across western TN. Check six! ;)

Chaff, flares, wasn't me, didn't do it, can't prove it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Kinda' like tailhook '91. I think it was the other RV8 :D

Lots of fun, great food, great company.

Attachments

• IMG_4291.jpg
    IMG_4291.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 487
Back