What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D-180 Oil Temp Sensor – Can’t Change Temp Limits

Piper J3

Well Known Member
I have legacy RV-12 with Dynon D-180 EFIS. I want to modify some of the Oil Temp Sensor settings for green, yellow, and red bands. I get message “Using Custom Engine Display Settings” for the Oil Temp Sensor. Other sensors allow operator changes.

Does anyone know a workaround for this?
-

Attachments

• A18938BF-3D0B-4D52-BD82-6D269589D957.jpg
    A18938BF-3D0B-4D52-BD82-6D269589D957.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 133
Jim,

As I recall the last D-180 Dynon software release was around 2013, and it unlocked all the Vans specified set points. That may have nothing to do with the issue you describe, but you might want to verify your software version.

Rich

Software update

Plus one for a software update. Latest version for the D180 is version 5.6.1 released on 08/02/16. Looks like some of the earlier updates had oil pressure sensor fixes. Just make sure any other Dynon elements (servos, sensors, control panels) are all powered up and connected via the DSAB bus before you perform the update. Just follow Dynon’s instructions.

Last edited:
Karl,

Vans website shows the latest software version as 5.5.0. Not sure where the version number you cited comes from. Can you provide more info? I want to be sure mine is the latest and greatest available at 5.5.0.

Thanks,

Rich

Never mind. Just followed your link. The Vans website says don’t update beyond 5.5.0 unless they update their recommended version. Can anybody shed light on the new versus old software version and why Vans would not want us to update beyond 5.5.0?

I checked and I'm running 5.5.0. I also looked at 12-D180-PRE-SETS.pdf and it clearly shows Oil Temp Sensor "USING CUSTOM ENGINE DISPLAY SETTINGS". It appears that all the other pre-sets are user adjustable with exception of Oil Temp. It's always something Gilda....

Back