What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ombraz Sunglasses

kaweeka

Well Known Member
I saw these armless sunglasses on FB for the past few weeks and got really curious about wearing them under my headsets. They use a drawstring to keep them in place. I sent my prescription and in 2 weeks received my new armless sunglasses. First flight I must say they are a noticeable improvement over my present sunglasses. The prescription was spot on. I got non-polarized gray. It's the first time I actually purchased something based on an ad on FB. I'm quite glad I did. I thought someone might be interested so here ya go.

www.ombraz.com

Cheers,
David

I mentioned your comment to them and here is the response.

Yes, we do make traditional lined bifocals (although they are not listed on our online selections). If you’d like to pass this on to your friend - all he needs to do is email us that he wants bifocals and we’ll make them for him (in clear, photochromic, polarized sun, or non-polarized sun).

But we have been receiving more requests for lines bifocals so it may be time to add them as an option to available on our product pages.

Cheers

I saw these armless sunglasses on FB for the past few weeks and got really curious about wearing them under my headsets. They use a drawstring to keep them in place. I sent my prescription and in 2 weeks received my new armless sunglasses. First flight I must say they are a noticeable improvement over my present sunglasses. The prescription was spot on. I got non-polarized gray. It's the first time I actually purchased something based on an ad on FB. I'm quite glad I did. I thought someone might be interested so here ya go.

www.ombraz.com

Cheers,
David

David, how well does the "tie" work, does it stay secure? Reason I ask is I picked up a pair of FlyingEyes and as much as I love the comfort of them, especially flying under the headset, they are not good for all around use. When preflighting they constantly fall off my face if I look down. I dont have a small head, no other glasses have done this, the issue I see is that FE just don't have enough pressure on the arms to hold/keep them in place against basic gravity. Again I love them, they stay in the plane and are only used in the plane, I have another pair I wear outside of the plane for regular life activities.

They fit and stay on remarkably well. I know exactly what you mean and I hate when glasses fall "up" when bending down. So I've found them to be of very high quality and fit and they seem to be very responsive to customer needs.

Bifocals

I mentioned your comment to them and here is the response.

Yes, we do make traditional lined bifocals (although they are not listed on our online selections). If you’d like to pass this on to your friend - all he needs to do is email us that he wants bifocals and we’ll make them for him (in clear, photochromic, polarized sun, or non-polarized sun).

But we have been receiving more requests for lines bifocals so it may be time to add them as an option to available on our product pages.

Cheers

Wow! Thanks. That was above and beyond.

Thank you

Thanks for sharing this information. It’s time for new flying glasses, will give these a try.

They look kind of nerdy but hey I’m in my 50s so who cares at this point. I wonder if they could sit in front of my progressive glasses?

Back