What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Test Fit

Timinfla2

Hi folks. Many of you will probably think I'm crazy, and many of you would probably be right. I'm purchasing an RV10 kit having never actually sat in one. I've never seen one in person. Sure, I have seen their performance numbers and I've seen the dimensions - i.e. their cabin dimensions vs planes I HAVE flown in - Cessnas, Pipers, etc.

Long story short, my gal and I would LOVE to see one of these things up close in the Central Florida area. We are in Merritt Island but we are happy to travel.

Is anybody willing/able to open their doors to us so we can see what all the fuss is about as we begin to build? :)

Thanks for any advice -

Tim

Sun N Fun is coming up in six weeks (Lakeland). Vans should have a RV-10 there I am guessing. Maybe they are even doing demo flights? I flew in the demo RV-10 at Airventure last summer.

I’m fully committed to building my -10 and up until just two weeks ago, never sat in one myself and only popped my head inside one or two over the years. Coming from a Bonanza I had very high expectations. I’m pleased to say that I was very happy with the interior dimensions and seating comfort the -10 offers.

It’s gonna be a great plane!

Last edited:
If you find yourself in Colorado, swing by Boulder. Just finished building mine. Waiting for the second half of my airworthiness exam. Should be flying next week, but within the test area for a while.

And I never rode in an RV before starting mine. The testimonials on this site, the specifications, and the price convinced me. Actually flew in my first RV of any type yesterday - a friend's RV-14. Did some acrobatics. Was quite fun.

I’m in Tampa at Tampa Exec (KVDF). You’re welcome to come over and check mine out.

Last edited:
You guys are great. I was actually out at SNF and got to sit in the one at the Van's Display. I was thrilled that my head didn't hit the roof. I'm really happy, but I appreciate you all offering.

KCOI has super cheap gas so if y'all ever need a pit stop let me know and I'll you lunch.

Back