What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB-00059 REV 1 Published - adds Legacy RV-12 with canopy latch upgrade

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
We updated SB-00059 today to REV 1. This service bulletin was originally published in January, and directs owners to replace the affected canopy latch block with the new, revised part.

This revision expands the SLSA serial number affected, and also includes Legacy/Original RV-12 aircraft on which the Notification 17-12-08 canopy latch upgrade was performed, since the affected canopy block is part of that latch update kit.

The steps to comply are quite simple: Order the canopy latch block described in the SB doc, and replace the old verstion using the existing hardware.

Note that for people with original/legacy RV-12 aircraft where you have not already performed the Notification 17-12-08 latch upgrade, you may order the kit used to perform that upgrade and it will include the new canopy latch block.

Thanks.

greg​

Can someone post a pic of this upgrade block. As I understand the SB the upgraded block is made with a stop to keep the handle from going too far. My current one, 2015 kit, has a stop on the block but has not been upgraded.

Don’t have a photo, but the illustration in KAI Section 24 is pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpeg
    IMG_0930.jpeg
    596.3 KB · Views: 95
I looked up N 17-12-08 and it stated that it assumed that N 16-20-03 and N 14-05-22 were both previously complied with. I found N 14-05-22, which was adding the micro switch warring system, but I can't find N 16-20-03. Does anyone have any idea what it was all about?

I think N 16-20-03 is a typo, it's supposed to be 16-10-03.

seagull, your RV looks like it does _not_ have N 17-12-08 installed, so this SB doesn't apply to you. The "new" (from 2017) latch was introduced with the RV-12iS and looks like this (not my photo). N 17-12-08 allows it to be added to older RV-12s as well.

Attachments

• rv-12is-17.jpg
    rv-12is-17.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 88
Back