What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNX-375 Current Draw

Laird

Well Known Member
I'm putting together a load analysis for a G3X system and a GNX-375 GPS/TXPNDR.

I can find all the electrical loads in the G3X installation manual, but the 375 is a mystery. Garmin says I need to buy the unit before they'll supply an installation manual. Not quite ready to pull that trigger....

So, can someone that has the GNX-375 installation manual pass along the max electrical draw? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Laird

I can find all the electrical loads in the G3X installation manual, but the 375 is a mystery. Garmin says I need to buy the unit before they'll supply an installation manual. Not quite ready to pull that trigger....

So, can someone that has the GNX-375 installation manual pass along the max electrical draw? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Laird

A previous response to a similar question from Justin at Garmin G3X Support

Good Afternoon,

All values provided for a 14V electrical system:

Garmin GNX375 -1.20A Typical, 1.80A Maximum

Thanks,

Justin

Garmin G3X Support
[email protected]
1-866-854-8433 - 7 to 7 Central Time M to F
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.

My load spreadsheet shows .6a for the GPS and .6a for the transponder. There are 2, 5a breakers/fuses, one on the GPS the other on the Xpnder.

Another demonstration of how valuable VAF is.

Michael, appreciate the manual offer. That will allow me to finish up the schematics for my project.

Thanks all!

Just for anyone searching in the future, here is what I came up with issuing the Google-fu. If anyone has better info or needs to correct it please let me know to edit.

14 VOLT CURRENT DRAW
Typical
1.20 A
Maximum
1.80 A

28 VOLT CURRENT DRAW
Typical
0.60 A
Maximum
0.90 A

My load spreadsheet shows .6a for the GPS and .6a for the transponder. There are 2, 5a breakers/fuses, one on the GPS the other on the Xpnder.

Michael, can you point out where you are seeing the need for two breakers/fuses?

The wiring diagrams I see in rev. 2 of the installation manual (pages 11-2 and 11-3) only show one.

Last edited:
GNX 375 Installation Manual

Thanks,

Laird

Laird,

In the future, You can always shoot us an email at [email protected], we can send you the most up to date version of the Installation Manual for the equipment you are working on.

Thanks,

Justin

FWIW

Michael, can you point out where you are seeing the need for two breakers/fuses?

The wiring diagrams I see in rev. 2 of the installation manual (pages 11-2 and 11-3) only show one.

My schematic that was drawn up by SteinAir shows all three 12V power wires going through a single 5A CB.

FWIW

My schematic that was drawn up by SteinAir shows all three 12V power wires going through a single 5A CB. That's how I wired it up.

My schematic that was drawn up by SteinAir shows all three 12V power wires going through a single 5A CB. That's how I wired it up.

I stand corrected.

I must have been thinking of the GAD 27, it has separate breakers for different functions.

Back