What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint services, SE GA / SE SC / NE FL area?

rmartingt

Well Known Member
A few months into trying to deal with fiberglass finishing and "body work" has pretty much eliminated any thought I might have had regarding doing my own paint. Something about fit-and-finish work and all that sanding just rubs me the wrong way (heh). Same with fiberglass in general.

I started looking around for paint services, both listed shops and buddy-network contacts. Apparently not answering phones or emails, and/or ghosting potential customers after initial contact is now a thing... so I'm having to broaden the search. Google maps is pretty empty and half the results are places that do big jets.

Does anyone have any recommendations or contacts for someone within reasonable driving distance of Savannah who does paint (and hopefully, fiberglass finishing too)? My plan was to hopefully paint before flight and thus I'd be hauling the disassembled airplane from my house to the painter using truck/trailer, not flying it there.

I'm not looking for (or willing to pay for) award-winning, show quality paint; just a basic two-color scheme.

I would reach out to Richard at Aviation Composites in Sandersville. They do nice composite work, albeit painfully slow. He probably has a line on a paint shop too.

Text or call 937-243-73zero3

Back