What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foliage Flight - Northeast - Mid October

flybill7

Well Known Member
I try to fly up to Maine every year on a foliage flight. But for various reasons I haven't done it in four years! This year I made it, flying up from Maryland to central Maine one day and coming back the next. I nailed it; the foliage was simply awesome through western Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and central Maine. Plus I got to see Mount Washington, Mount Katahdin and Acadia National Park for the first time. And of course, the Maine coast is always spectacular. I took way too many pictures as always. Enjoy! Link.

Attachments

• MAINE_B_45.jpg
    MAINE_B_45.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 227
  • MAINE_B_67.jpg
    MAINE_B_67.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 243
  • MAINE_C_52.jpg
    MAINE_C_52.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 201
  • MAINE_D_24.jpg
    MAINE_D_24.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 211
  • MAINE_E_17.jpg
    MAINE_E_17.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 140
  • MAINE_F_25.jpg
    MAINE_F_25.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 207
  • MAINE_F_44.jpg
    MAINE_F_44.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 226
  • MAINE22_B_48.jpg
    MAINE22_B_48.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 153
  • MAINE22_F_54.jpg
    MAINE22_F_54.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 176
  • MAINE22_G_19.jpg
    MAINE22_G_19.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 245
Very nice, Bill. Fantastic report and photos, as always!

Of note, according to Kathrynsreport, N425AD, 09/11/2022, electrical failure on takeoff at Wiscasset, returned and gear collapsed on landing. My guess is composite propellers.

Best regards,

Merrill

Great shots Claw ! Yes, you timed it right on the foliage. I've been to all of those sites by land yacht as well. Beware of Mt Washington - rapid severe WX changes can occur. Highest sustained wind ever recorded there was 200 mph ! Think of your potential ground speeds with a tail wind !

Mugsy

I try to fly up to Maine every year on a foliage flight. But for various reasons I haven't done it in four years! This year I made it, flying up from Maryland to central Maine one day and coming back the next. I nailed it; the foliage was simply awesome through western Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and central Maine. Plus I got to see Mount Washington, Mount Katahdin and Acadia National Park for the first time. And of course, the Maine coast is always spectacular. I took way too many pictures as always. Enjoy! Link.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for documenting your RV life. Your flights have been an inspiration and often a guide for many of the flights I have taken.

jkhp6HB.png

Last edited:
Back