What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TinyTrak3Plus - antenna

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Is anyone using the TinyTrak3Plus for APRS? If so, how do you have it set up as it appears it has to interface with an existing radio and antenna?

Last edited:
Is anyone using the TinyTrak3Plus for APRS? If so, how do you have it set up as it appears it has to interface with an existing radio and antenna?

Bob, you are correct. The TinyTrac is basically one of our trackers without the radio transceiver. I'm holding one in my hand at the moment and I used it with a mobile 2-meter transceiver in the car to translate GPS data into an APRS stream that was transmitted by the mobile radio.

Bob, you are correct. The Cliff Notes version is the TinyTrac is one of our trackers without the radio transceiver. I'm holding one in my hand at the moment and I used it with a mobile 2-meter transceiver in the car to translate GPS data into an APRS stream that was transmitted by the mobile radio.

Back