What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV pilots in/near Utah area?

Xplosiv

I'm New Here
Greetings! I am new to the forums and about to start my life long dream of getting my private pilot license now that I am retired from active duty AF. I am located in northern Utah and after experiencing a ride in an Extra 330, I already know aerobatics is something I want to eventually pursue. After a ton of research on just about all aerobatic capable planes, I pretty much fell in love with the Vans RV lineup. I was curious if there was anyone in or near the Northern Utah area that had an RV and could hook me up with a discovery ride(on my expense ofc).

-Harold Larkin

Harold,

Come to the EAA Chapter 23 open house at Skypark airport (KBTF) tonight at 1830
Plenty of RV's to see. Introduce yourself to someone with nametag and let them know you would like to talk to some RV guys.
1983 Thunderbird, Woods Cross, UT.

David,

Thanks for the heads up! What timing! I'll be sure to check it out. Thank you for the info.

Mike,

Thank you for the warm welcome and the contact link!

-Harold Larkin

Last edited:
Thanks Figs. I will try and reach out to Steve as well, is his last name Fabizak? Are you local to Utah? I'm actually very interested in learning about the RV-7.

-Harold Larkin

Last edited:
David,

Thanks for the heads up! What timing! I'll be sure to check it out. Thank you for the info.

Mike,

Thank you for the warm welcome and the contact link!

-Harold Larkin

======================================
Sorry, it's tomorrow night (Friday the 9th).

David,

I went to the EAA Website and looked up chapter 23 for some more info on the group. It doesn't have the 9th on the schedule, but it does have 2 meet ups on the 10th. I imagine this open house on the 9th is separate from those 2 events and just didnt make the schedule?

-Harold Larkin

Thanks Figs. I will try and reach out to Steve as well, is his last name Fabizak? Are you local to Utah? I'm actually very interested in learning about the RV-7.

-Harold Larkin

Thats the guy, good guy. I used to live in Utah and built my -7 there, flew with the guys at Ogden all the time with my Pacer.
Now live in Tulsa OK
Figs

Harold,
Hope to see you at the chapter meeting Friday evening. I am the guy showing the chapter video magazine.
Grant
RV8

Back