What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Software Rev "jumps" 11.2x > 12.30

phapp

Patron
Hi,
Has anyone gone directly from 11.2x (c. 2019) to 12.30 (December 20, 2021)?
The reason I asked is because both I and Garmin Support learned the hard way (they initially told me "no problem". Wrong!) that you could go from older versions straight to 11.2x. I had to install several versions incrementally.

Also, is REV AP the latest installation manual to work from?
Thanks.
P. Happ

Last edited:
G3X Software Load

Hi,
Has anyone gone directly from 11.2x (c. 2019) to 12.30 (December 20, 2021)?
The reason I asked is because both I and Garmin Support learned the hard way (they initially told me "no problem". Wrong!) that you couldn't go from older versions straight to 11.2x. I had to install several versions incrementally.

Also, is REV AP the latest installation manual to work from?
Thanks.
P. Happ

Good Afternoon,

There is one intermediate software load for G3X systems. If below software version 8.0, you must first load version 8.0, before upgrading to any later version. I apologize this was miscommunicated to you by our support group. You can update directly from 11.2x to the most current version available.

Here is a link to download the Installation Manual: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?partNumber=010-01057-00&tab=manuals

Rev. AP is the most current version, Rev. AQ will be available soon however, and you will be able to download it using the same link provided above.

Thanks,

Justin

Thank you for such a quick reply. Great Garmin support! I have 2 copies of the update on SD cards and the manual on my laptop. Looking forward to tomorrow to start configuration.

I'm at 11.2x so I should be all set. I can't blame support for the previous issue as my very slow "quick build" put me so far behind in updates that they probably never ran into the rev jump issues back in 2019.

G3X Touch Software Update

Am I nuts or where is the link to the latest G3x Touch update? All I see is Dec 20, 2021. 9.0

9.0 is the current software load, it has been quite a while!

We'll be making 9.10 available for download fairly soon, with another planned to follow before the end of the year.

Thanks,

Justin

9.0 is the current software load, it has been quite a while!

We'll be making 9.10 available for download fairly soon, with another planned to follow before the end of the year.

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks Justin. Caleb sent me an email explaining it. I love my system.

Back