What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle Handle

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
I like the Fatboy throttle handles but the company doesn’t seem to be in business anymore. Any suggestions on someplace to get a decent throttle handle with some functions on the grip like PTT or a locking rocker switch for smoke on/off?

I have an -8 with the standard Van’s handle that I’m not too crazy about, what other options are available?

FYI- I have one of the curved control sticks with the Infinity Stick grip in perfect working order in the plane now. I’m planning to change the stick to a straight stick I purchased from Van’s & a surplus military grip. If anyone has a nice military throttle handle I might be willing to work some kind of trade.

Looking for something like this:

m7ao1i.jpg

Last edited:
Stick

Oly,
Just my opinion but you may want to keep that bent stick. It has been my experience flying with guys at clinics in 8's that they tend to flutter around in tight formation as they can not secure aka lock down their wrist. In heavier aircraft this is not as much of an issue due to size and weight, but in these you get and feel everything. You may find you will have to cut the stick way down to keep your hand comfortable on the infinity grip. And for what it is worth I have found the infinity stick to work very well for smoke without having to run wires that stand up to lots of throttle movement. And if you are flying on the outside of a formation, you will be any where from idle to after prop. Glad you are doing so well getting your 8 like you want it.

Blue Skies,

I like the Fatboy throttle handles but the company doesn?t seem to be in business anymore. Any suggestions on someplace to get a decent throttle handle with some functions on the grip like PTT or a locking rocker switch for smoke on/off?

I have an -8 with the standard Van?s handle that I?m not too crazy about, what other options are available?

FYI- I have one of the curved control sticks with the Infinity Stick grip in perfect working order in the plane now. I?m planning to change the stick to a straight stick I purchased from Van?s & a surplus military grip. If anyone has a nice military throttle handle I might be willing to work some kind of trade.

Looking for something like this:

m7ao1i.jpg

I don't know where you can get a throttle handle like that, nor do I have a military throttle grip to offer.

But one of my myriad of projects for my -8 is to take a standard Throttle quadrant, flip the mixture control upside down and rotate it somewhat aft, build a quadrant face plate like the P-51 throttle quadrant.

Like this:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/show...light-stick-engine-quadrant-and-rudder-pedals

Back