What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight charts upload issue with G3X

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I am experiencing an issue with the Flight chart that I don?t know if it is normal but this is the first time I see this. I uploaded the recent flight charts and was uploaded successfully. But if I remove the SD card and inserted again while G3X is booted and running, it asks to update Flight charts again.
Has anyone seen this? Any explanation for the logic.

Same

I experienced this and it totally messed up my settings (probably was me!). Data updates are always a challenge as it seems something always gets messed up or changed. I will wait on you guys to sort it out before I do mine. The system updates are no big deal and work great. It't the data updates that make it stressful... NEVER do it before you NEED to go anywhere is my motto as somehow the system won't work like it was the last time you flew it.

I experienced this and it totally messed up my settings (probably was me!). Data updates are always a challenge as it seems something always gets messed up or changed. I will wait on you guys to sort it out before I do mine. The system updates are no big deal and work great. It't the data updates that make it stressful... NEVER do it before you NEED to go anywhere is my motto as somehow the system won't work like it was the last time you flew it.

Can't say I've ever had issues with DB updates before, much less them messing with settings. Been doing updates when they expire for the past two years with no issues. The only issue here is the chart db has asked to re-add itself once since the initial load.

Your issue sounds entirely different, maybe reach out to g3xpert?

G3X Touch Database Update

I have not heard of a database update changing any settings in a G3X Touch display before, can you give us a little more information about what is happening so we can look into this for you?

You may reach out to us directly at [email protected] if you would like.

Thanks,

Justin

Flitecharts Database Prompt

I am experiencing an issue with the Flight chart that I don’t know if it is normal but this is the first time I see this. I uploaded the recent flight charts and was uploaded successfully. But if I remove the SD card and inserted again while G3X is booted and running, it asks to update Flight charts again.
Has anyone seen this? Any explanation for the logic.

We are currently looking into this one. For the time being, press Back to decline the prompt to update your Flitecharts database if it is already loaded into the system.
Thanks,

Justin

Back