What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS Nav data to Garmin Pilot App

robjrc

I'm New Here
I own an RV-12iS LSA (Factory built) with the following avionics:
1.) Dual G3X 10” displays
2.) GTN 650Xi
3. GDL 50R (ADS-B In)
4. GTX 35R Txpndr
5. GMA 245 Audio

I can Bluetooth to the G3X, the GDL 50R, and the GMA 245 with connections verified. I cannot Bluetooth directly to the GTN 650Xi because I do not have Flight Stream 210, 510, which is OK. The problem I have is I cannot get GPS situational data to Garmin Pilot. Looking at various installation manuals. Forum posts, and you name it, they all say that I should be able to get GPS data from either the GDL 50R or the G3X. Now in my plane’s configuration there is no separate GPS Antenna to the GDL 50R just the ADS-B because the GDL is connected to the G3X and the G3X has its own GPS receiver. That’s fine too but why can’t I get GPS data from the G3X since I am connected via Bluetooth ? Am I missing something here ? I have talked to Van’s, Garmin At here in Salem and they offer initial help in terms of “we’ll look at it” but never follow up. At this point I’m very frustrated, especially since I’ve spent considerable amounts of $$ to get “modern avionics” on my aircraft and I have to use my backup Bad Elf GPS receiver to get GPS situational data to Garmin Pilot ! This issue can’t be that hard to resolve. Hope someone here on the forum can shed some useful help here !
Rob

Back