What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 vertical fin and rudder exploded view

Stewbronco

Well Known Member
Hi ....need to get part numbers for RV8 Vertical fin and rudder ....anyone have an exploded view from plans ? Many thanks

Rudder

I have the Rudder handy, but don’t have the VS available.

Attachments

• 9E17D868-34D2-4387-A42B-C66830A34FCF.png
    9E17D868-34D2-4387-A42B-C66830A34FCF.png
    1 MB · Views: 220
Not sure your intentions but if your ordering the full RV-8 rudder, there is a kit. PN “RV-8/8A RUDDER“. This kit come with everything but the rod end bearings and Vertical stabilizer fiberglass cap. The Cap is VS-809.

You may not need this info but others viewing the thread might.

If you create a login at the Vans store with your serial number you can access the plans. That way you know you are getting the latest rev.

In any case, here is the vertical stab and here is the rudder.

You aren’t sticking a big -8 tail on your -4, are you? I’ve seen someone roll their own counterbalance rudder into a -4 rudder.. looks more appropriate size wise..either way, please make a YouTube video of whatever you end up doing!

Wrong Stew I think

Could be you are thinking of another " Stew" .....I couldn't make a YouTube video if my life depended on it ....nope it's for -8 ....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 13-41-15 Store - Van’s Aircraft.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 13-41-15 Store - Van’s Aircraft.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 132
If you create a login at the Vans store with your serial number you can access the plans. That way you know you are getting the latest rev.

Check the revisions page also. I have found more recent revisions there, that weren’t on the plans page for my 14 build.

Back