What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2023 Formation Schedule

jliltd

Well Known Member
I am publish a 2023 calendar of events and want to include any formation clinics or gatherings from any of the Flight teams. Dates and locations. On the FFI web sight it appears the only team with 2023 dates submitted is Falcon Flight for it's April 8-10 clinic in Temple, TX.

How about Arizona, West Coast, KC Flight or Bull Dog (Pine Bluff)? I sure would like to include every event.

Thanks,

Jim Ivey

I am publish a 2023 calendar of events and want to include any formation clinics or gatherings from any of the Flight teams. Dates and locations. On the FFI web sight it appears the only team with 2023 dates submitted is Falcon Flight for it's April 8-10 clinic in Temple, TX.

How about Arizona, West Coast, KC Flight or Bull Dog (Pine Bluff)? I sure would like to include every event.

Thanks,

Jim Ivey

Jim:

I gave up Formation flying 5-years ago.

I started flying RV Formation with an FFI card in 2000. During the time that I flew formation, clinics were typically planned and announced within 3 or 4-months of the actual date. Many times, there were only 6 or so weeks announcement before the clinic. The majority of the guys putting on the clinics had jobs and other commitments. They did the formation clinics because they love formation flying.

About all I can recommend is to keep an eye on the time frames used in the past as most of the groups would tend to have clinics around the same time of year. Some of the Formation Groups have group.io locations that they share practice flights and communicate with one another. IF you can find the guys that are flying RV Formation near you, they may be able to get you connected and a little exposure before an actual clinic.

I am not aware of any of the RV Formation groups having PAID administrators. All are volunteers with jobs that do the formation stuff in their free time.

Jim:

.....The majority of the guys putting on the clinics had jobs and other commitments. They did the formation clinics because they love formation flying.

.....IF you can find the guys that are flying RV Formation near you, they may be able to get you connected and a little exposure before an actual clinic.

I am not aware of any of the RV Formation groups having PAID administrators. All are volunteers with jobs that do the formation stuff in their free time.

Very good advice. Still early in the year to know when we are doing a clinic again. And Paid, is more like I hope to break even and not PAY to put on a clinic.

As administrator of the FFI website content, I can tell you there have been no 2023 dates publicly posted as of yet. Everything currently on the FFI page, including the Falcon clinic, refers to 2022 dates.

As one of the coordinators of the WCFC/Madera event, I can tell you that there have been preliminary discussions about hosting it at the normal time in the spring, and a conversation with the hotel. We've typically sent out a public invite sometime in late January.

The first place where any confirmed public event is posted is almost always right here on VAF.

Tim "Tank" Redden
FFI President

Formation Clinic

Jim,

I think the Smoke On Team is sponsoring a formation clinic in Louisville, Sep 28-Oct 1, 2023 at an airport near Louisville, TBD. Sign ups won’t start till after Oshkosh.

Back