What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear heel rest RV8

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I copied this mod from my advisor’s plane. Since I am replacing a lot of parts on this second hand kit, I had extra footwells, it was a perfect time to fabricate.

This makes the use of the rear rudder pedals easier. They fold up when not in use or needed. Fold out and raises the foot which enables the rear seater much more comfortable use of those rudder buttons.

There is a left and right since the wells are not square. Finger hole makes them easy to pull to from folded position.

Attachments

• 4C299A9E-E653-41F8-B0AD-B8EF7BE11D18.jpg
    4C299A9E-E653-41F8-B0AD-B8EF7BE11D18.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 142
Wow this is ingenious. I haven't closed the floor on my RV8 yet so this looks to be a good project since I have the rear button pedals installed.

I copied this mod from my advisor’s plane. Since I am replacing a lot of parts on this second hand kit, I had extra footwells, it was a perfect time to fabricate.

This makes the use of the rear rudder pedals easier. They fold up when not in use or needed. Fold out and raises the foot which enables the rear seater much more comfortable use of those rudder buttons.

There is a left and right since the wells are not square. Finger hole makes them easy to pull to from folded position.

What is your shoe size? I'm curious if this would work with my size 12 feet?

Size 12. Project took 3 hours.

Sorry about the clarity but here is the support folded up that is installed. (Not my plane)

Attachments

• 7CEC7FE3-8F34-4A36-9E11-7A95CD0335D2.jpg
    7CEC7FE3-8F34-4A36-9E11-7A95CD0335D2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back