What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dimple Torque Tube Support Assembly

dustin_96

On page 14-02 the dimple instructions for the tabs that attach to the wing rib are a little ambiguous. Are you supposed to just dimple the lower tabs or are you supposed to dimple upper and lower? Since the upper rib flanges aren’t dimpled I can see why the upper tabs wouldn’t be dimpled. At some point they are going to have to be dimpled though…seems difficult to do once they are riveted together (which is the step I am on).

Attachments

• EE8B6DFC-E779-4689-9D10-6BD3D1D1099E.jpg
    EE8B6DFC-E779-4689-9D10-6BD3D1D1099E.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 157
On page 14-02 the dimple instructions for the tabs that attach to the wing rib are a little ambiguous. Are you supposed to just dimple the lower tabs or are you supposed to dimple upper and lower? Since the upper rib flanges aren’t dimpled I can see why the upper tabs wouldn’t be dimpled. At some point they are going to have to be dimpled though…seems difficult to do once they are riveted together (which is the step I am on).

Jump ahead to 16-03 and 20-05 and look at the rivet call outs for the top and bottom skins. They look like AN426's, so that would imply dimpled substructure.

After reading through 16-03 it looks like those holes end up machine counter sunk which would explain why the dimple isn't called out. I think I will leave the top tabs undimpled and see how it plays out.

Thanks!

Back