What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone using a GT prop?

Particularly interested in their ground adjustable.....any experiences, thoughts? Three blade vs two?

Curtis
775 722 6342

I have a 3 blade, but not flying yet. I only received it a few weeks ago. Heard they are really smooth in 3 blade configuration. Really nice workmanship.

Attachments

• 8CAA3923-9C03-4629-9059-177120F08E68.jpeg
    8CAA3923-9C03-4629-9059-177120F08E68.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 179
GT

Hi

I am currently converting my 4 from Sensenich Metal FP to a GT constant speed which has replica Spitfire Rotol blades. It looks great but sorry no performance figures and as I am in hospital waiting for a double bypass it will be some time.

Stevel

Love them!

I have GT blades on my radial RV. They area a great company to work with. When I was designing the conversion for my RV they were the only company willing to work with me on designing custom blades for my specific application. Even now with installing the Verner 9S on the RV, they are working with me once again to design blades for this application. Also the spitfire blades just look awesome!

Brian

I'm in discussions with GT on become the US distributer for them. Before I do so, I purchased a 3-blade ground adjustable which I am waiting for. Once I have some data on it, I will make my decision and the RV community might have a readily available GT contact in the USA, Me! :D

Will keep you guys in the loop.

Dmat

Last edited:
Get well

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Steve.
I’ve traded some emails with GT in Italy. I’m keenly interested in swapping out my 71” diameter Hartzell blades for a pair of shorter GT’s on my short geared -4.
The expense of an MT or Whirlwind makes them out of the question.
At this point, GT being on the other side of the earth has kept me from pulling the trigger. A distributer in the US would be fantastic!
Please keep us posted and those with GT’s in service please report!

They are on Facebook.

Alex Tonini was my contact at GT. I bought directly from them. Their correspondence is sometimes slow, but they do get back to you.
I got a deal last year, cheaper than a sensi 3 blade. I got the longer Pitts spinner with mine for a different look.

You can also lookup Tom Bootyman in the UK on Facebook, he has one and it looks great.

Attachments

• 1D0471B4-97BE-4A12-B618-B4678454CE71.jpg
    1D0471B4-97BE-4A12-B618-B4678454CE71.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 183
  • CB6A7E0C-E246-457F-AD36-874384918D85.jpeg
    CB6A7E0C-E246-457F-AD36-874384918D85.jpeg
    789.2 KB · Views: 173
Yeah, I am working with Alex as well. Great Guy! My prop should be in shortly so I will make sure to post a few pics of the unboxing and then will probably do a video of the install.

Dmat

Arrived finally, but how to…???

After 16 months my 3 blade ground adjustable arrived. They are having trouble keeping up for sure these days.

No instructions! How do I adjust and match and set these blades? Almost seems I’m missing a set of flanges for a second set of thread up a few inched from bottom of blade base.

Anyone with experience I could talk to?

Curtis 775-722-6342

Hi Curtis,
They do not use the collar any more for that second set of threads.
I am travelling at the moment, but I can send you a copy of a manual. It is still not finalised.
There should be a white line on the back of the blades, 8 1/2” in from the tips. That is the reference line for setting your blade angle. You set the blade angle referenced to the front face of the hub. Mine are set at 22 degrees.
Send me a PM with your email, and I can send you some info.

Back