What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying Twins

crabandy

Well Known Member
See what I did there, total Dad joke……

A four hour drive with at least 1 if not 2 diaper and bottle stops vs a 52 min flight, plus taking the airplane is cheaper.

(If someone could give me a tutorial on how to invert my pics that’d be great)

Attachments

• 42AD26E9-5004-4DEE-B8D7-8632F3BFD746.jpg
    42AD26E9-5004-4DEE-B8D7-8632F3BFD746.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 91FF95D9-AA88-44EA-8524-D5B2587BC0BF.jpg
    91FF95D9-AA88-44EA-8524-D5B2587BC0BF.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I can only fit my twins one at a time now.

iCloud Photos.png

No idea how you maneuver the baby in the back without supertracks.

My JPI says I am getting about the same MPG as my car, so why not fly? :D

The wife bought a “light” version of the car seats, with a little twist and slide they fit fine. I want to try making some new attach points and belts to make things easier to strap down correctly.
The super tracks are tempting but so far the right sized item and flopping the seat backs forward let me fit most everything. It would be much easier to load from the ground though, just struggling with the time to retro-fit.

I'm about to be the father of twins (in a couple of months).

I knew there was a good reason I started building an RV-10!

The build is progressing well so far but I am in for a big dose of "life happens," especially since I won't see my finish kit until next February, probably.

Any helpful guidance on how to finish this project relatively soon while blessed with newborns/infants?

Raise the canopy

Cut two V slots in the rails, one slot in the slide behind the canopy and you can raise it up and load from the ground. I will show you at Oshkosh. I’m sure someone has pictures.

I'm about to be the father of twins (in a couple of months).

I knew there was a good reason I started building an RV-10!

The build is progressing well so far but I am in for a big dose of "life happens," especially since I won't see my finish kit until next February, probably.

Any helpful guidance on how to finish this project kit relatively soon while blessed with newborns/infants?

One bite at a time…….

I was finishing my tail kit when my first daughter was born, then kinda a blur with a couple more kids and finishing/flying the RV.

Cut two V slots in the rails, one slot in the slide behind the canopy and you can raise it up and load from the ground. I will show you at Oshkosh. I’m sure someone has pictures.

V notches to make room for canopy bow, slot in rear rail to release unheard block and canopy tilts forward?

Slots?

This sounds like a mod I should know about! Have you seen pictures, or can you explain this in more detail?
Ed

V notches

I will go to the airport tomorrow and get more info and measurements. Basically one v notch about 9 inches from the front of each side rail. This lets the front bottom tilt into the v where the roller is in the v. The notch on the back is the width of the slide that goes on the back canopy rail. Lift the slide through the notch on the rail and tilt forward. I drilled a 1/8 inch hole and use a stiff wire to hold it up. In high tail wind you have to have help to hold it. It takes two minutes to remove the canopy for inspection of the aft section and to remove screws standing on the ground. I did it 9 years ago, no issues yet.

The wife bought a “light” version of the car seats, with a little twist and slide they fit fine. I want to try making some new attach points and belts to make things easier to strap down correctly.
The super tracks are tempting but so far the right sized item and flopping the seat backs forward let me fit most everything. It would be much easier to load from the ground though, just struggling with the time to retro-fit.

For my (very small, special needs) daughter, I did this:

DC99B4D5-DEA1-42CD-AE2C-B1FEE22B0EB2.jpg
2E2238C6-7F29-430A-B957-C13EFDC6AE78.jpg
5D4FA86D-4B50-42A8-8D0C-8CAE838C6B61.jpg
View recent photos.png

Last edited:
Any helpful guidance on how to finish this project relatively soon while blessed with newborns/infants?

When my daughter was little, all my shop time was 9 to midnight.

Now Ms Patti puts me to bed at 9 and I have no idea what she does after that...

Back