What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dropped and bent c-frame dimpler

jonbo

I have or... had a cleveland c-frame dimpler. I've been loving it! It's been making crisp beautiful dimples and I get to feel like a blacksmith whacking it with a hammer.

So, of course, in the process of moving it, I knocked it off my work table. When I got it set back up, the c frame? was bent and the male and female ends no longer line up.

tjyvM8xl.png

So, shot in the dark. Is this repairable, or should I bite the bullet and buy a new one?

TTLwuzgl.png

I don't see any reason that you can't bend it back. Just make sure you get it accurate.

Clamp it down to a heavy table, give the arm a pull to realign it. Use a square to check the alignment of the plunger to the bottom plate front to back and side to side. If the upper arm is twisted, grab it with a BIG crescent wrench and give it a little pull to realign.

This is steel, it probably went through the same process after welding when it was manufactured.

No worries!

Thank you for the replies! I was able to fix it with your help.

It was easy to just unscrew the bottom and once I went out and got a 1/4 inch hex key to hold in the top and then realign the frame.

Back